Monday, August 25, 2008

Schooled by my own ambition

I had a pretty intensive summer course at FIT that ended a month ago, so I was really JUST beginning to get comfortable in my summerskin...and suddenly today's the first day of Fall Semester. I felt like I was making The Preparations all weekend - getting my life in order, bidding my friends farewell (until December), mentally preparing myself for the crossover...

I have a full-time job, and then will be at school until 10 every night, but I can't really complain. I adore learning this crap. When most people go back to school in their late 20s, it's to get an MBA or some other such useful nonsense. I chose to go back and get an Associates...in Fashion Design. I know, right? What kind of a self-indulgent marshmallow would I be to complain about THAT?

Not that it's easy. I'm averaging two all-nighters a month. But you know, pimpin ain't easy either. Sometimes there are sacrifices for being so bloody fabulous.

In addition to the reward of opening my new school supplies today (you are SO jealous of me and my new pencils), I allowed myself to post the following picture, as a first-day-of-school indulgence:



Isn't that a teeny little stroke of aubergenious?

No comments:

Post a Comment