Tuesday, September 23, 2008

To Have And To Holding Pattern

Ok, seriously. What IS this?? All the girls around me suddenly have the Matrimonial Fever. It's not Spring and it's not the mid-20th Century, so why are so many of my snarky sisteren suddenly married, engaged, as-good-as-engaged, or at least trying on wedding dresses "just for fun"?!

I say it's either a heretofore undocumented effect of global warming (and we're unconsciously scrambling to git all the gittin' done before we're toaster strudels), or, and this is a bit more frightening, I'm beginning to think maybe 28 is our generation's Event Horizon...that at this point you either make a really big deal about your pairing off (the wedding) or you resign yourself to the serial monogamist perm-circuit, squeezing back into those J Brands year after year until the apple bottom falls out.

If the following gown from Monique Lhuilier's Spring 09 collection looks like a hot wedding dress to you (like it does to me and Deirdre), you may be a latter transitioning to a former...


...and you could probably benefit from a bit of reprogramming.

I want you to meditate on the following images, and when you're done, I want you to go to the bank, withdraw that 10K dress-fund, and do the following:

1. buy a motorcycle
2. kidnap best friend
3. drive to Mexico










9 comments:

  1. oh my god, i LOVE this post! so insane!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK, sooooo, when you picking me up?

    ReplyDelete
  3. if Deirdre's on the back, please tell me there's room for me in the sidecar.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. argh.. that last one didn't work out. i'm trying again.

    a post you may like. also, since this talks about dresses, get back to me on when i can try on that one we discussed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The dress with the cutout for the pregnant belly is going to have me screaming in my sleep for days. Well, each to their own.

    ReplyDelete
  7. had a good laugh. really funny stuff

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was having coffe when I started seing these pictures, and the one with the cake is a copy of the wife made me spit it all out laughing!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. i want a big fat gypys wedding like the lat photo

    ReplyDelete